News

Spectator Example by DGL KATE

Fri 1st May 2015 - 9:12pm : General : Gaming

The picture above says it all. Created by Kate from the DGL, this shows some really cool options that we could be looking forward to in the near future. What would you want to see in a spectator mode for Insurgency?

Here is what kate said in her post here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=435148588

"Here's a muted color version of a concept for a casting mode in Insurgency.

This is ONLY stuff that'd be shown to spectators/casters/stream viewers.

This is showing every possible element at once... Ideally, all these components (map, team status, player gear, score) things could be toggled to fade in and out with a keybind to reduce needless clutter.

There'd also ideally be an alpha setting you could adjust on the different components.

UI Elements:

+ Toggleable minimap showing player FOV and number. (Could press button on numpad to cut to corresponding player.)
- Team-color-coded player circles (default in game is currently yellow ins / blue sec), FOV fields, and trails.
- Minimap would ideally zoom in and adjust center to cut out map clutter and improve map usefulness, giving a slight space buffer around most distant players.
- Momentary white flashing around players that are shooting, momentary red flashing around players taking hits.
- Ideally, a tiny chevron on the top or bottom of player dots to show major elevation differences relative to current POV.

+ Detailed kill feed with team color coding of attacker and their weapon (w/ shape) and the downed player. Distance of final shot as well as last two locations hit shown (head, arm, chest, torso, leg), as well as ADS/Hip firing status and crouch (stand crouch prone). (Not bad as is though.)

+ Toggleable (*with bind*) team status indicators with capacity level and status change flashing.
- Team-colored outlines, with a highly transparent fill color that goes down like a health (going down) / ammo bar (going back towards stock).
- Player number shown, colored with team color.
- Player outline shows stance (sprint, standing hipfire, standing ads, crouching hipfire, crouching ads, hip, color of outline shows health level, lines behind indicate movement.
- When damage is taken, the player outline flashes brightly with dark red, then a translucent red pulses for about two seconds.
- Drawn weapon is displayed at most inward position (pointing towards center, as with stance), bar.
- When weapons are fired, the weapon outline flashes brightly with the shot, then a translucent white pulses for about two seconds.
- Downed players and expended equipment turn to grey, then fade out after like 7 seconds.
- Stack of players is condensed and goes downward as players are eliminated to save screen space and lower clutter.
- This could be resized ideally, and could perhaps scale to modes larger than 5v5 (modifier keys for cutting to view of players above #10).

+ Color-coded score indicator at top.

+ Team-color-coded "Viewing " text at bottom, with large player name.

+ Team-color-coded cap bars shown on points, with time of cap progress in seconds shown.

+ Time converted to 3m30s format.

+ Weapons of viewed player shown.
- Team-colored weapon fill that drops with shooting.
- Text showing active magazine ammo count, as well as active magazine ammo count.
- Attachments possibly shown (LSR, FLSH, FG, HB, HE, SMK, 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 7x).
- Ammo type shown (No symbol if default, HP, AP)
- Nades shown.

Other things that'd be awesome for casting:

+ Working SourceTV.
+ Q/E to go up/down as spec
+ Ability to zoom when casting by hitting ADS.
+ Ability to cycle both forward and back between FP/TP/freecam.
+ Ability to cut to a player by hitting a number key when in spec.
+ Toggleable team-color-coded player outlines visible to spectators only.
+ Toggleable more-visible floating name symbols, perhaps with gun and stance indicators with capacity shown with tiny icons that could be toggled.
+ Tracers rendered to casters only, including on sniper shots. Ideally percentage with tracer could be set by caster. (Tracers look amazing and are great when casting.)
+ Very slight smoke trail shown for casters behind nades."

Arkhaist

Arkhaist

Zac Sinks

Your Comments

• Sun 22nd Nov 2020 - 3:07pm

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! Miniature Puppies

• Sun 22nd Nov 2020 - 12:36pm

After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. Glock Handguns

• Sat 21st Nov 2020 - 10:27am

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. Buy Gmail Accounts

• Thu 19th Nov 2020 - 6:54pm

Well we really like to visit this site, many useful information we can get here. pinscher

• Wed 18th Nov 2020 - 8:33pm

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention. printify review

• Tue 17th Nov 2020 - 5:35pm

Writing with style and getting good compliments on the article is quite hard, to be honest.But you've done it so calmly and with so cool feeling and you've nailed the job. This article is possessed with style and I am giving good compliment. Best! miomio

• Tue 17th Nov 2020 - 3:34pm

Very nice blog and articles. I am realy very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you and waiting for your new post. bafang bbshd mid drive ebike kit

• Sun 15th Nov 2020 - 9:18pm

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention. website

• Sat 14th Nov 2020 - 11:02am

I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it. best wireless router for home

• Thu 12th Nov 2020 - 3:26pm

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. casino online

• Thu 5th Nov 2020 - 11:34am

I think this is a standout amongst the most critical data for me. What"s more, i"m happy perusing your article. Be that as it may, ought to comment on some broad things Escort Philadelphia

• Wed 4th Nov 2020 - 2:06pm

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. Escort Los Angeles

• Sat 31st Oct 2020 - 9:16pm

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! birthday cake

• Fri 30th Oct 2020 - 10:51am

Dashiki Store sale white dashiki shirts and black dashiki shirts which suitable for dashiki for men and dashiki womens. dashiki womens

• Thu 29th Oct 2020 - 12:12pm

I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. download tubemate for windows

• Wed 28th Oct 2020 - 2:48pm

Writing with style and getting good compliments on the article is quite hard, to be honest.But you've done it so calmly and with so cool feeling and you've nailed the job. This article is possessed with style and I am giving good compliment. Best! anonymous postcards

• Tue 27th Oct 2020 - 5:44pm

I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you. door to door shipping from china

• Mon 26th Oct 2020 - 11:09am

Writing with style and getting good compliments on the article is quite hard, to be honest.But you've done it so calmly and with so cool feeling and you've nailed the job. This article is possessed with style and I am giving good compliment. Best! xbox accounts

• Sun 25th Oct 2020 - 2:24pm

Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. migliori antidepressivi

• Sun 25th Oct 2020 - 1:45pm

As a seller of legal steroids, you can buy Crazy Bulk products, explore stacks and finally get the body you’ve always wanted RajaQQ

Please register or login to post comments