News

Spectator Example by DGL KATE

Fri 1st May 2015 - 9:12pm : General : Gaming

The picture above says it all. Created by Kate from the DGL, this shows some really cool options that we could be looking forward to in the near future. What would you want to see in a spectator mode for Insurgency?

Here is what kate said in her post here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=435148588

"Here's a muted color version of a concept for a casting mode in Insurgency.

This is ONLY stuff that'd be shown to spectators/casters/stream viewers.

This is showing every possible element at once... Ideally, all these components (map, team status, player gear, score) things could be toggled to fade in and out with a keybind to reduce needless clutter.

There'd also ideally be an alpha setting you could adjust on the different components.

UI Elements:

+ Toggleable minimap showing player FOV and number. (Could press button on numpad to cut to corresponding player.)
- Team-color-coded player circles (default in game is currently yellow ins / blue sec), FOV fields, and trails.
- Minimap would ideally zoom in and adjust center to cut out map clutter and improve map usefulness, giving a slight space buffer around most distant players.
- Momentary white flashing around players that are shooting, momentary red flashing around players taking hits.
- Ideally, a tiny chevron on the top or bottom of player dots to show major elevation differences relative to current POV.

+ Detailed kill feed with team color coding of attacker and their weapon (w/ shape) and the downed player. Distance of final shot as well as last two locations hit shown (head, arm, chest, torso, leg), as well as ADS/Hip firing status and crouch (stand crouch prone). (Not bad as is though.)

+ Toggleable (*with bind*) team status indicators with capacity level and status change flashing.
- Team-colored outlines, with a highly transparent fill color that goes down like a health (going down) / ammo bar (going back towards stock).
- Player number shown, colored with team color.
- Player outline shows stance (sprint, standing hipfire, standing ads, crouching hipfire, crouching ads, hip, color of outline shows health level, lines behind indicate movement.
- When damage is taken, the player outline flashes brightly with dark red, then a translucent red pulses for about two seconds.
- Drawn weapon is displayed at most inward position (pointing towards center, as with stance), bar.
- When weapons are fired, the weapon outline flashes brightly with the shot, then a translucent white pulses for about two seconds.
- Downed players and expended equipment turn to grey, then fade out after like 7 seconds.
- Stack of players is condensed and goes downward as players are eliminated to save screen space and lower clutter.
- This could be resized ideally, and could perhaps scale to modes larger than 5v5 (modifier keys for cutting to view of players above #10).

+ Color-coded score indicator at top.

+ Team-color-coded "Viewing " text at bottom, with large player name.

+ Team-color-coded cap bars shown on points, with time of cap progress in seconds shown.

+ Time converted to 3m30s format.

+ Weapons of viewed player shown.
- Team-colored weapon fill that drops with shooting.
- Text showing active magazine ammo count, as well as active magazine ammo count.
- Attachments possibly shown (LSR, FLSH, FG, HB, HE, SMK, 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 7x).
- Ammo type shown (No symbol if default, HP, AP)
- Nades shown.

Other things that'd be awesome for casting:

+ Working SourceTV.
+ Q/E to go up/down as spec
+ Ability to zoom when casting by hitting ADS.
+ Ability to cycle both forward and back between FP/TP/freecam.
+ Ability to cut to a player by hitting a number key when in spec.
+ Toggleable team-color-coded player outlines visible to spectators only.
+ Toggleable more-visible floating name symbols, perhaps with gun and stance indicators with capacity shown with tiny icons that could be toggled.
+ Tracers rendered to casters only, including on sniper shots. Ideally percentage with tracer could be set by caster. (Tracers look amazing and are great when casting.)
+ Very slight smoke trail shown for casters behind nades."

Arkhaist

Arkhaist

Zac Sinks

Your Comments

• Sun 25th Oct 2020 - 2:24pm

Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. migliori antidepressivi

• Sun 25th Oct 2020 - 1:45pm

As a seller of legal steroids, you can buy Crazy Bulk products, explore stacks and finally get the body you’ve always wanted RajaQQ

• Sat 24th Oct 2020 - 12:32pm

This is very useful post for me. This will absolutely going to help me in my project. เว็บพนันบอลออนไลน์บนมือถือ2020

• Fri 23rd Oct 2020 - 11:34am

It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here! escort

• Thu 22nd Oct 2020 - 6:57pm

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. HSC Result

• Tue 20th Oct 2020 - 11:33am

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. RajaQQ

• Mon 7th Sep 2020 - 11:47am

This time we are reviewing Blackbeards Adult Resort, we haven't been there in a few years and believe me it is better. I know, we have it real rough here at Resort Holiday Weeks, going around visiting resorts all over the world and having resort owners and staff treat us like royalty so that we give them a good review. gurgaon escorts

• Fri 4th Sep 2020 - 8:48am

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. hot men caps melhor estimulante sexual

• Sun 30th Aug 2020 - 6:35pm

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. Food

• Sat 22nd Aug 2020 - 3:07pm

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. job posting

• Wed 24th Jun 2020 - 9:22am

You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! website designer Chandigarh

• Sun 21st Jun 2020 - 1:06pm

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. funnyat

• Fri 19th Jun 2020 - 9:06am

This was incredibly an exquisite implementation of your ideas criar conteúdo online

• Sun 14th Jun 2020 - 7:22pm

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. oferta pracy

• Sun 14th Jun 2020 - 3:38pm

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. http://www.fetishsites.net/bdsm-chat.html

• Sat 13th Jun 2020 - 3:16pm

The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) Samiti has also successfully completed the lateral entry admission selection tests for vacant seats of Class 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 12th Grade admission selection tests JNV Result 2020 Check Rere

• Tue 9th Jun 2020 - 11:35am

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. fetster

• Tue 9th Jun 2020 - 10:32am

I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. Buy spotify plays

• Sun 31st May 2020 - 1:55am

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! covid 19

• Fri 29th May 2020 - 5:21pm

This is very useful post for me. This will absolutely going to help me in my project. Freight services

Please register or login to post comments